On Sun, 2008-01-06 at 05:39 -0800, Mark Lowry wrote:

> 1.  Shouldn't Try to use.... be unchecked by default
> at installation?  This would prevent some confusion,
> at least it would have for me.

It is off by default since version 2.4.2. Too many Windows users seem to
have installed monitor profiles without knowing about it. A monitor
profile is only useful if it is indeed created for the particular
monitor and viewing conditions.

> 2.  If Try to use... is left checked, and printing is
> done through GIMP, should I expect the printed result
> to be different from the version printed through
> Windows Picture and Fax Viewer?

What does the monitor profile have to do with printing? Nothing.