Hi all,

I've been investigating some animation systems for use at work here, and
I was wondering about exporting names and locations of layers in the
animation.

Hm.  That doesn't sound too clear - allow me to illustrate with an
example.

Suppose the source animation is a 10-frame animation, with a hand and a
ball, both moving (and animating) independently, I'd eventually want
something like this:

animation-frame-0: hand-frame-1 x=0,y=0
animation-frame-0: ball-frame-1 x=5,y=5
animation-frame-1: hand-frame-2 x=10,y=10
animation-frame-1: ball-frame-1 x=25,y=25
... etc ...
animation-frame-9: hand-frame-2 x=100,y=100
animation-frame-9: ball-frame-1 x=520,y=520

(ignore the syntax, the data is presented as such for clarity -- though
now, I think a graphical example might have been better)

Obviously, GAP itself has access to this data at some point, but it
doesn't seem to be exposed or exportable in any way.

The only idea I can come up with at this point involves iterating over
animation files in a directory, scanning each layer for frame
information, and dumping the data to a file... and I'm not 100% sure if
that's do-able, though it seems that that is something script/python-fu
should have access to.

BTW, the intent is to use this animation data (not actual video output)
in a game engine for layer-based animations, if you're wondering why I'm
asking for this somewhat strange feature.

Also, on a semi-related note, is
http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/HowToCompileGimp/MicrosoftWindows still
accurate for 2.4?

Thanks!