On Feb 5, 2008 1:26 PM, peter sikking wrote:

> >> And we can't (yet) make GTK+ widgets translucent.
> > Are you 100% sure?
> >
> > http://www.breakitdownblog.com/gnome-murrine-theme-gets-transparent-
> > widgets/
>
> that is cool (but not for this UI design). I would like to know
> how universally (all linux WMs, windoze, OS-X) that can be rolled out...

Murrine's developer writes in his blog: "Then you need... a composite
capable window-manager, like Compiz, future Metacity etc etc…"

I'm not quite sure about usefulness of transparence in a graphics
editor (unless it's transparence of layers/selections/objects in a
drawing). Sounds like distraction to me (and yes - I remember your
argument on Aperture :-))

Alexandre