Tobias Jakobs wrote:

> I thought about it and I created this mock-up:
> http://hagemaenner.de/stuff/gimp/PlanB/6.png
>
> In the center of the area I've added a simpel text "Drop Images
> here to
> open them." (Perhaps a native speaker should change the wording.)

I have been moving in the same direction in the last days.

If the main function of the window 'body' under the menu bar
is to have a nice size drag + drop area, let's on its look + feel
for that. As for the size of this window: just wide enough to fit
the menubar for the running localisation,height of the window,
1/4 or 1/3rd of the width, some nice proportion.

Forget about the slider, please. It belonged to another strategy,
another time, another place...

     --ps

             man + machine interface works