Sven Neumann wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 17:16 -0500, Kevin Cozens wrote:
>> This feature would be of enough general use that it should be available to
>> all
>> scripting systems.
> I don't see this as a feature that the GIMP core would implement. It is
> up to the scripting language(s) to do that.

I don't know if you would consider a library as being part of the GIMP core.
This feature could be implemented in a new GIMP library or as part of libgimpui.

An existing GSoC 2008 project idea is to provide a unified UI for scripting.
If a unified UI is considered a desirable feature, why would you say that each
language binding should provide its own method of registering/providing
preview images?

> Just add a function like script-fu-example-image-register that
> associates an image filename with the procedure. The images could live
> in the scripts folder, right next to the script.

The one question I forgot to ask is how would a person get to see these
preview images? Using an image preview browser? A "show preview" button (or
menu item) in the scripts UI window? Some other mechanism (yet to be decided)?

Kevin.           |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"