On Sat, 2008-03-08 at 14:29 -0500, Kevin Cozens wrote:

> I don't know if you would consider a library as being part of the GIMP core.
> This feature could be implemented in a new GIMP library or as part of
> libgimpui.

How so? This is really something that can be implemented in about ten
lines of code. Most of this code will be Script-Fu specific. So I don't
see how this could be part of any GIMP library.

> The one question I forgot to ask is how would a person get to see these
> preview images? Using an image preview browser? A "show preview" button (or
> menu item) in the scripts UI window? Some other mechanism (yet to be decided)?

That is indeed the more difficult question here. Besides the question
whether such static example images would be useful at all. The easiest
solution is probably to put it inside the scripts UI window similar to
how plug-ins place their previews.