On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 14:58 -0400, Andrei Simion wrote:

> If one runs a Gimp-Perl script for a number of times, enough to use the
> whole physical memory, then the Gimp server crashes, it does not create
> the swap. That's it, no swap file is created.

This may very well be a memory leak in Gimp-Perl. Have you run this in
valgrind with leak-check enabled? That should give you a good idea of
where the leak actually is.

> If a test script is needed I can provide it.

Gimp-Perl isn't actively maintained at the moment, so a Perl script
doesn't help us much. Can you reproduce this issue with a Script-Fu or
Python script?