Jon Senior wrote:
> Sorry if this is the wrong list for this question, but I figure the
> developers are most likely to be doing this.
> I've followed the instructions on the site. BABL, GEGL and Gimp are all
> installed to /usr/local/gimp2.5. I've installed a modified version of the
> suggested wrapper script (with the correct paths) in /usr/local/bin.
> Any attempt to run gimp-2.5 results in the message
> ------
> Libgimp version mismatch!
> The GIMP binary cannot run with a libgimp version
> other than its own. This is GIMP 2.5.0, but the
> libgimp version is 2.4.5.
> Maybe you have GIMP versions in both /usr and /usr/local ?
> ------
Did you make sure to `export LD_LIBRARY_PATH`? (I'm not sure what the
equivalent might be for different shells).  This is likely the problem
if you see a difference between the output of
`ldd /path/to/gimp2.5/bin/gimp`
`ldd --library-path /path/to/gimp2.5/lib /path/to/gimp2.5/bin/gimp`

Note that you can check for sure if this might be the problem by running
gimp2.5 directly with the overridden library path
`/lib/ --library-path /path/to/gimp2.5/lib