Hi,

On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 11:21 -0400, Andrei Simion wrote:

> I noticed that the memory used by the Gimp server when batch generating
> images goes higher and higher and after no physical memory is left, then
> the Gimp server crashes.

That is the usual behavior of all applications based on GLib. In an
out-of-memory situation, the application exits with an error message.
This is probably what you are calling a 'crash'. This can usually be
avoided by setting the tile-cache size reasonably and by providing
enough virtual memory.

The memory usage during batch processing should remain pretty much
constant though. This indicates that there is likely a memory leak
somewhere. valgrind should help to locate the problem.

Sven