On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 23:34 -0400, Andrei Simion wrote:

> This is the problem. The memory used by the Gimp process grows
> constantly. After finishing up the physical memory, it does not create
> the swap file.

We have run a lot of tests to check for memory leaks. There are
currently no known leaks. But of course we might have missed one. That's
why it would be nice if you could isolate the leak or provide enough
details so that we can reproduce the problem. So far you failed to do

That's explained at http://gimp.org/unix/howtos/tile_cache.html