On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 1:46 PM, Cristian Secară wrote:
> There are some string containing the | character (example: tool|_Zoom)
> that, when translating (example for me: unealtă|_Zoom), they appear as
> is in my translated menu (like "unealtă|Zoom" with Z underlined).
> However, in English only the Zoom part is shown.
> What is this / how should I treat it ?

This is a contextual help.

E.g. you can have same word in two different dialogs which should be
translated differently depending on context. This matters for some
languages and doesn't matter for others. So you just read the part
before | and make up your mind how to translate the part after |
character. Then you just put to translation the part after |, dropping
the part before | character and | character itself.

Does it makes sense? :)

Alexandre