On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 08:55 +0200, "Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r.
> I'd like ALL GIMP windows (typicaly one named "GIMP", window "Layers",
> window "Brushes", window with edited images etc.) to be brought to the
> front (of other non-GIMP windows), when an arbitrary of them is
> selected (e.g. via Alt+Tab) or clicked on.

We have discussed this and it would be very difficult to implement, if
not impossible. This is because such functionality would have to be
implemented at the window manager level.

Your request is also somewhat obsolete due to a couple of changes in
trunk that will be in GIMP 2.6. For window managers that honor the
"utility" window hint, the problem is basically solved. What's currently
missing is a proper implementation of this window manager hint in the
Win32 port of GTK+/GDK. If you can help with that, that would be very
much appreciated and it would basically solve your feature request.

> In case of WinXP (and probably MS Win in general): All [parent
> dependent] windows created with a special creation flag (maybe
> WS_CHILD or WS_TOOLWINDOW window style in WinAPI, see e.g. MSDN for
> CreateWindowEx() function) are automatically brought to the top. If
> they don't have such creation flag, behaviour described above must be
> implemented another way.

Please try if this API can be used to implement the behavior described
above. There's a bug report for this at