Hi,

On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 13:17 +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote:

> One problem in implementing window manager hints and related things
> correctly on Windows is the lack of exact specifications what they
> should do, and a lack of *minimal* sample programs that could be used
> to verify that the implementation is correct.

I'd say the somewhat established behavior for 'utility windows' is that
they are not listed in the taskbar and that they are kept above normal
windows of the same application. Some window managers also reduce the
window decorations, but that is probably not obligatory.

Would it help if we made a small example application? Perhaps add some
code to testgtk?

Sven