a short update what I did during the last few weeks.

* I started with moving the package structure to a more hierarchical one. With
  a gimp package on top and several subpackages like gimp.colors, gimp.enums,

* I also changed gimp.enums to use GEnum objects instead integers for the enums.

* Gradient, Brush, Palette and Pattern objects have been mapped in pure python.

  Although I'm not that happy with gimp.Gradient and gimp.Palette:
  The problem is that in python you can not copy a object implicitly by value.
  Assigning a object to a name copies the reference and increases the refcount.

  Image the following code:
  palette.entries[0] = palette.entries[1]
  palette.entries[0].color = gimp.colors.RGB(0, 0, 0)

  From a python point of view it should change the color of entry 0 and 1. But
  in gimp palette entries can only accessed by their index. So I ended up
  writing some code that tracks which GradientEntry is assigned to what indices.
  The problem starts when a script uses gimp.pdb.gimp_palette_delete_entry in
  parallel. A Gradient object can not be notified when a entry is deleted so
  the indices get all wrong.
  Something similar is true for the gradient wrapper.

* I added a gimp.context module that wraps all the gimp_context_* functions.

* Added wrapper code for most of the missing gimp widgets. So gimp.ui is
  almost complete now except for a problem with Preview objects.
  Also some methods need a more pythonic interface.
* Added a unittest that test if the wrapped widget methods at least do not
  crash and accept the right parameters.

* Additionally I found and fixed some bugs in pygimp.

What comes next:
* Do something about the problems with gimp.Gradient and gimp.Palette described
* I have been looking into wrapping libgimpmath. But I'm not sure how to handle
  it. The matrix and vectors code looks incomplete and inconsistent. Some
  objects are GObjects others are not.
* The pygobject system complains when a object is not constructable with
  properties. So I'll look into porting the widgets that don't support it, but
  I will need some advice how to it the right way.
* In my opinion the error messages in pygimp-pdb are a bit unspecific. So I'll
  try to rewrite parts in pygimp-pdb.c to give better error messages.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)