On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 11:11 +0100, RJD99 wrote:
> I've been asked to retort this here though I raised it initially at bug
> 541859
> using a different test case.
> In GIMP 2.4.6 (Suse 10.3 Packman build, 32 bit Intel linux) the highlight and
> shadow buttons in Colours->Colour Balance seem to have no effect.

If I follow your description with the code from trunk, then there's a
subtle difference between manipulating the highlights and the shadows.
But this is only the case if GEGL is enabled. And the results for the
GEGL and legacy code paths are clearly different. There's definitely a
bug here and we need to give this code some review. Thanks for your
report and the simple test case.