>> There is a little button in the upper right corner of each image window
>> with the tooltip "Zoom image when window size changes".
>> I have never used this and I can't figure out in what way it is useful.
>> Does anyone ever use it?
> Let's keep it for 2.6 and give Peter a chance to think about what should
> happen to it.

For the record:
After discussing this on IRC a couple of realistic use cases emerged, so
this button will stay.

One adjustment to the behaviour was also agreed upon:
When the toggle is turned on and the (scaled) image is smaller than and
within the viewport, implicitly do a View -> Fit Image in Image Window.

- Martin