Hi,

On Sun, 2008-08-24 at 08:42 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I just pulled a clean svn gimp and wanted to build with
> --prefix=/usr/local , I supplied this arguement to autogen.sh and it
> output both that prefix and --prefix=/opt/gimp , which I presume is the
> new default.

Definitely not. The default prefix is, and has always been, /usr/local.

> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
> checking for BABL... configure: error: Package requirements (babl >=
> 0.0.22) were not met:
>
> No package 'babl' found

Have you adjusted PKG_CONFIG_PATH ?

> BTW INSTALL says to run ./configure which does not exist, should this be
> corrected to say autogen.sh ?

INSTALL has the instructions for building from a tarball. When building
from SVN some extra steps are necessary.

If you have build problems, perhaps it would be a good idea to use the
babl and GEGL release tarballs instead of SVN checkouts.

Sven