It seems to be making people overly excided and jumping to conclusions
generating anti-FUD. GIMP still only supports 8bits per channel. The day of
GEGL based gimp is not today and most likely wont be 2.8 release date
either. The integration will take time.

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 12:10 PM, Alessandro Falappa
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Sven Neumann ha scritto:
> > Finally we have done it and released version 2.6.0 of the GNU Image
> > Manipulation Program.
> >
> Congratulations to the whole GIMP Team.
> It looks like this will be a fantastic release: it shows great
> improvements and the changes "under the hood" will make the user excited
> about the future.
>
> Kudos everyone.
>
> --
> Alessandro Falappa