After I wrote the message I decided to take a look at the UI wiki and
what I found there is basically what I was thinking could be improved in
the UI.

It finally sank that it's just too early to see everything solved. Heck
the analysis stage isn't complete yet and here I am complaining about a
stupid thing. Anyway. I began to use the program more and I came to
appreciate a lot of small tweaks, like the better brush dynamics and
even the wilber area in the toolbox, although I still think we can do

Sorry for the complaints. As I said, I got frustrated because I am the
only advocate for free software at work and GIMP is against a program
that's so mature, it's really difficult to make a case, even pointing
out it's unique capabilities.

My apologies again. Now I see that we couldn't ask for a better UI team.

Best regards,