> Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] Request to include Gimp Manual Book at
> Gimp.org books (Gimp merchandise)
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> CC: gimp-developer@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
> Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 08:29:41 +0200
>
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 01:45 -0300, Monica Kraenzle wrote:
>
>> Yes, it is a pdf formatted version of http://docs.gimp.org .
>>
>> We formatted the gnu-labeled PDF version for book printing and designed this
>> cover.
>> All pages are completed including all gnu informations.
>>
>> GNU Image Manipulation Program
>> December 2, 2007
>> REVISION HISTORY
>> $Revision: 2129 $ 2007-07-15 romanofski
>
> It's a somewhat unprofessional approach to print and sell the user
> manual without getting in contact with the authors beforehand, isn't it?
> And then you put "Susan A. Jones" as the author. Who is that? I don't
> remember having seen that name among the contributors to the GIMP user
> manual.
>
>> Could you help to get this up on the book page?
>
> I don't think we want to advertize an outdated copy of the user manual.
> Definitely not without approval from the GIMP docs team. So please ask
> them first.
>

> Sven

Hi Sven,

It was the most recent pdf document we could find although I would be more
happy to find a more up-to-date  pdf version, but I doubt that there are
updated good resolution pdf docs somewhere.

Regarding your comments:

Did I missed something about GNU?
I studied the gimp website, all GNU licences written in the manual, the GNU
site etc.
We included all pages of the manual within the book, including all GNU
infomations, all author names etc. plus the informations that there is an
updated html onlie manual available at gimp.org

I did not see any hint anywhere that we have to ask for approval of a Gimp doc
team and just found out how to contact gimp developers to ask for adding the
book.

I don't want to be offensive but is Gimp and the Gimp manual GNU or not?

Although I noticed later on that somewhere it's written somewhere that the gimp
doc team could be contacted to ask if there is any updated version.

As a publishing company has to mention one main author we used "Susan A. Jones"
as a editor pen name of the book. Technically there is no way to use 20 or what
authors as authors when you publish a book. But all authors are credited in the
book pages itself.

You do promote 9 year old books on your website, so your comments sounds a bit
offensive.

Besten Gruss,
Monica