The users manual version we used is for gimp 2.4, dated December 2007.

I have uploaded a reduced pdf to show the cover and the interior pages:
http://www.maxishare.net/en/file/8416/gimp-manual-2-4-reduced-pdf.html

Basicly it's nothing else than a printed version of the electronic version (and
it's NOT mass-distributed).
The only customizations we made is creating a cover and formatting this
electronic manual to a printed manual. All authors and contributors are
credited. License terms and information about what version as well as a link to
the gimp.org site for software and manual updates etc. are included.

As soon as there would be available an updated 2.6 manual we could update the
edition as well.

Many others are distributing CD's with gimp software versions from the website
and are allowed to do so (surely these are also not always the latest software
versions without any bugs) and we printed the electronic manual on paper ...