Sven Neumann writes:
> On Thu, 2008-11-13 at 22:39 -0800, Akkana Peck wrote:
> > Unfortunately you may also have performance issues with GIMP 2.7
> > on a machine like that.
>
> Are you implying that GIMP trunk is in any way slower than GIMP 2.6
> (without enabling the GEGL projection, of course)? If you can show that
> this is the case, then we would like to know about it so that we can
> attempt to avoid such regressions.

No, sorry, I didn't mean to imply that. At least with GEGL disabled,
There's no performance difference I know of between 2.6 and 2.7.

In truth I haven't run 2.6 very much on my slow low-memory PIII laptop,
and 2.7 not at all yet. 2.6 has mostly seemed comparable in speed to
2.4 -- both a bit slower, on that machine, than 2.2 was, a difference
I don't notice on faster desktop machines.

        ...Akkana