[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Could anyone tell me why growing the selection rounds the corners?

Hi!

Because the algorithm is generic and does not attempt to retain any
special geometrical properties of the selection. Keep in mind that the
selection is essentially just a channel.

> Could you add this feature?

Any feature that makes sense can be added as long as someone writes the
code. I think your use case makes sense and one way to support it would
be to add a check box to the Grow Selection dialog that if checked would
only grow the selection in the x and y axis.

- Martin