On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Vu The Cuong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> The subject says it all. Currently I'm considering to
>
> develop web-based (PHP) image editing application with gimp as backend
> engine for intranet use.
>

> But I don't know where to start from. Could anyone point me to the right
> direction?

GEGL is moving it's backend to GEGL. So building a web front-end
directly on top of GEGL would be the approach I would have taken (and
have considered in the past). This would involve making it possible to
serve tiles from GeglBuffers (the render cache is such a buffer) over
the wire, this would be similar to how maps.google.com / google earth
and other similar software transmit only the shown pixels.

/Øyvind K.
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/