Rolf Steinort wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-01-04 at 12:38 +0100, Martin Nordholts wrote:
>

>> In current GIMP the docking bars are always visible even though they are
>> only useful when rearranging the GIMP UI. I have attached a fairly
>> simple patch (you need latest trunk) that hides these by default and
>> only shows them when a dockable-drag is started. They are hidden again
>> when the dockable-drag is completed.
> Now the "dockability" is advertised with a tool tip while hoovering over
> the docking bar. How will the new version do this? How important is
> this?
>
> When a dockable-drag is started, the docking targets should be visible
> prominently, not only the bar in it's current version. Perhaps even as a
> bubbles floating on top of the targets.

The lost opportunity of the docking bar tooltip is good point but I
think we and the users can live without that tooltip.

Another good point is that there is no point in having the docking bars
microscopically small any longer so I have attached a new patch that
makes them larger. You need to make install in $GIMP_SRC_ROOT/themes in
order for the change in docking bar height to take effect. I also fixed
another issue with trying to hide a destroyed docking bar.

Updated screenshot:
http://www.chromecode.com/temp/gimp-on-demand-docking-2009-01-03-1627.png

- Martin