Jakub Friedl wrote:
>     >
>     > But what should happen if you have multiple image windows open?
>     Having
>     > the docks attached to only one of them probably isn't very useful...
>     >
>     >
>     The proposed solution is a tab-based interface.
> How can tabbed interface show more images at once? And how can it
> provide a big window for a big image and small window for a small image?
> For me, this is a problem even in Firefox... but in an image editor?
> Jakub Friedl

You can make a tab-based interface in a great number of ways and there
is no decision on exactly how it should look or work, only that it might
make sense with a tab based interface.

I myself picture a toggle in the Windows sub-menu that switches between
a one-window tab based layout and the current multi-window layout. Maybe
that's a good idea, maybe it's not.

I don't really see a problem with having a small image in a big
maximized tab-based window. But again, basically no decision on how to
do this has been taken. It is not even 100% it will be done at all...

Also please keep the discussion on the list.