Martin Nordholts wrote:
> Hi
> In current GIMP the docking bars are always visible even though they are
> only useful when rearranging the GIMP UI. I have attached a fairly
> simple patch (you need latest trunk) that hides these by default and
> only shows them when a dockable-drag is started. They are hidden again
> when the dockable-drag is completed.

As this turned out to be a quite complicated UI problem to solve in a
good way (especialy after some conversation on IRC) I have decided to
postpone further hacking on it and aim for getting this finalized some
other time (currently the aim is GIMP 2.10).

I have filed a bug report to prevent the patch from getting lost:

Bug 567221 – Only show docking bars when needed, not all the time

- Martin