--- Begin Message ---
Marcus Heese wrote:
> I've just contributed a few lines, too. However, I'm fine with GPLv3, too...
> was wondering a long time that the GIMP hasn't changed the license yet.
> And I hope that the GIMP will stay with GPL in the future, too. Otherwise the
> developers should think about the name again! ;) ... *IMP
> best regards
> Gimp-developer mailing list
I've always thought the ".. or later" clause in some gpl wording to be a
bit of an odd way to licence something.
While FSF seems to be doing a solid job until now I always worry about
future GPLs getting knobbbled the way PGP did.
If GIMP project decides to move to v3 would it be wisest to state
specifically v3 rather than some arbitary unknown "or later"? This seems
an unnecessary risk.
--- End Message ---
Gimp-developer mailing list