hOSHI wrote:

> Sorry,
> but i still cannot see why a tabbed one-window docked-dialog
> interface (with
> option of multiple gimp-windows and maybe a splitable view for two
> or more
> images) would not be better than the current n-windows, n-tasks
> interface so
> many complain about.

because the world does not work like that.

this is a theme where our target audience is split 50–50:
half love one-window and hate multi-window, half love
multi-window and hate one-window.

that is why we will have _one_ setting in the View menu, that
sets the overall strategy to either one-window or multi-window.
all further behaviour follows from that.

first rule of interaction design is that you have to exclude
your own preferences...

             man + machine interface works