Hi,

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 17:37 +0200, Alexia Death wrote:

> And? If I save to a format it can be assumed that I know its
> limitations. Being warned once about the information loss is good
> enough.

That is not what GIMP is doing. It tells you that it can't save to that
format without modifying the image beforehand. And quite often it needs
to ask you what to do because there are several possibilities.

If you knew about the limitations of the file format you are saving to,
then you had converted the image beforehand and you wouldn't see the
Export dialog at all.