Hello Rahul:

Indeed, the GSoC I suggested can be roughly described as implementing
a poor man's version of the scheme Craig describes in

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2004SoPh..219....3D

Replace circles/ellipses by parallelograms/rectangles, and notice that
"padding" the singular values of the Jacobian to 1 is more or less
equivalent to exact area box filtering with sides no less than the
input image's inter-pixel distance, and one gets more or less the same
thing.

This being said, what I have in mind in way simpler than what Craig
implemented. But if you understand Craig's paper, you probably
understand what I want to do.

Nicolas Robidoux
Universite Laurentienne