On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 00:13 -0400, Alec Burgess wrote:

> Also, drag-to-desktop from Tools-[x] - "you will lose changes dialog"
> mentioned earlier in this or a related thread doesn't work in Windows,
> though I guess you weren't asserting that it would (just "some" *-nix
> desktops?)

As I said, you can drag from there (and from the image preview in the
toolbox) to your XDS-aware file-browser or desktop. XDS is the "X Direct
Save" protocol and it is of course not supported on Windows. If there is
a similar mechanism on Windows, then someone should add support for it.
But given the fact that we have a much larger Windows user base but
still only very few contributions from Windows users, I don't have much
hope that this will happen.