Hello happy CMYK warriors,

This is valuable input you're giving actually
How about collecting these use cases for prepress in the wiki here
http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/ ?

(like the UI team did with brainstorm here :
http://gimp-brainstorm.blogspot.com/ )

You could put it using these kind of chapters :

This way, we could specify the GIMP a bit better and coordinate dev efforts

enjoy this day !