On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 8:44 PM, peter sikking wrote:

> There is choice in there, and the user community cannot demand
> that GIMP does certain things.

It's quite an interesting point, because you are talking about
demanding, whereas I'm talking about meeting users needs :) And you do
understand the difference, do you? :)

> presses that have operators. From the description above you can
> see what is should be like: first you create the art, then you
> bring it to the press.

So what you are saying basically is that you see GIMP users as human
beings living in a parallel world where all of the things mentioned
above do not exist, workflows are perfectly RGB based and nobody ever
has to deal with color separations other than exporting :)

Which means in fact that the team does not wish to meet *real*
prepress users needs on product vision level.