> gradation map  - nearly the same: map image points to positions in the
> gradient
Yahvuu, you probably need to clarify: how is this different from
Colors->Map->Gradient Map?

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 8:02 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine
<alexandre.prokoud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 4:12 AM, yahvuu wrote:
>> levels, curves - could support the user's intention more directly:
>>                   - mark places in the image, which should be
>> brighter/darker,
>>                     or have more/less contrast or modified colors
>>                   - the whitepoint, graypoint pickers could be adjustable
>> markers
>>                     on the image. Or a completely different method for
>> whitebalance?
>>                   - if tones are getting compressed, better control of where
>> the
>>                     clipping happens (separately for each of R,G,B, Value)
Better? We already have exact control of clipping for each of
R,G,B,Value , so do you mean a change in the quality of clipping
control? I think this needs to be more specific

> Yup, on-canvas level/curves. Excellent point.
> Another idea: Gradient fill tool that has color stops editable on
> canvas (a-la Inkscape).
If I had this, I'd probably delete all my gradients :) IMO this is a
much more usable way in general, and premade gradients cover only a
small subset of use cases.