On Saturday 28 March 2009, Sven Neumann wrote:

> That's the whole point. You don't want to crop the image, you want to
> enlarge it. That's exactly why we moved this functionality out of the
> Crop tool. A user who wants to enlarge the image is never going to look
> for this in the Crop tool. It simply does not belong there.

I don't think that was the point. The point was to only modify the canvas size
without cropping all the layers. Currently the crop tool only allows to crop
either
 a) all layers plus the canvas
or
 b) just one layer.

If I understand Sampo correctly, he would like to see
 c) crop only the canvas
which is what Image > Canvas size does already, but not in a very graphical
way (or with Simon's workaround).

Daniel