YongLi wrote:
> I am also interesting in this project: GEGL-based file loaders for GIMP.
> I'm preparing the proposal, and it says in the introduction that "The
> exact approach at this is still to be decided but will only require a
> small set of discussions and agreements between core developers".
> Where can I discuss this topic with "core developers"?

On a second thought I think it will be too early to do this forthis
years GSoC. IMO a prerequisite for this project is that the GIMP core
can store high bit depth data, and it can't yet. I'm working on that atm
but there is still quite a lot to do so it's hard to say when this stuff
will be good enough to base something on.