Nicolas Robidoux wrote:

> I just want to let everyone know that many organizations fell into an
> unintended "trap" having to do the Melange software used by Google to
> manage the application process, trap in which Michael Schumacher, our
> GSoC admin, did NOT fall.

This was soooo not a trap for anyone who did read the socghop user guide
at least once and paid attention to the mentors list and the #gsoc channel.

I do not blame any org for failing to assign mentors in time - everyone
can make mistakes. But I am disappointed by those orgs which came up
with attempts to justify or excuse their mistake on the soc mentors list.

HTH,
Michael

--
    GIMP > http://www.gimp.org      | IRC: irc://irc.gimp.org/gimp