On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 10:36 PM, Rob Antonishen
<rob.antonis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just ran through my scripts.
> In the .scm files distributed with gimp, there were:
> 38 files containing gimp-context-set-foreground
> 65 files containing gimp-context-set-background

The ones I have looked at, mainly set background and then do a
edit-fill with BG or a drawable-fill.

> looking at the scripts I have installed in my home directory, there were:
> 49 files containing gimp-context-set-foreground
> 29 files containing gimp-context-set-background
> This is my no means a thorough assessment.  Perhaps the individual
> operating the gimp plugin registry could grep all the plugin files and
> give a better count of the third party scripts using these calls.

There is no question of removing either of the above PDB functions,
AFAICS. It's just a matter of what to do to emulate the old FG / BG
behaviour. In the case of my proposition, FG would remain (as slot #1
-- 'current') and BG would map to slot #2 ('immediately previous').
However, one side effect is that setting FG could change BG (through
the normal history cycling mechanism). Erk.