Hi David,

(OK, that's going to get confusing very fast!)

On Sun, 2009-05-10 at 23:39 +0930, David Gowers wrote:

> While it *could* be connected to the API, that would introduce
> various logical inconsistencies (for example, plugins could not rely
> on having a sensible image state because other plugins (running
> concurrently, or called by the plugin itself) might roll back the
> image state. Then the user can still make sense of the image state,
> but the plugin has no idea what it is, it could be anything. This is
> particularly bad if a crash is happening, as it also reduces your
> ability to correctly deduce the cause of the crash.)

That's true, but how does that make undo different from many other
functions? If I have a plugin that attaches to an image and randomly
adds or deletes layers, it will also disrupt the worldview of other
plugins. I'm not sure that making undo available would change anything.

-- David