Pleasant interactive cropping and scaling, required for web are enough
reasons. Red eyes reduction sometimes... Why should one use something
other if the tool he uses most of the time is convenient and powerful?
The above mentioned actions are not too complicated to be reproduced in
one minute. Do they worth storing their result in xcf? I think it is so
only in the case the format is _well_ understood by third-party
applications like image viewers and like.