On 05/14/2009 12:36 PM, Martin Nordholts wrote:
> Jay Smith wrote:
>> However, I do have to say that the Photoshop 5.5 feature of simply
>> drawing a line with the measure tool and then doing the rotate command
>> is more efficient.
>>

> Using the measure tool for this seems like a UI hack to me. IMO we need
> a better solution for GIMP, something that is more discoverable.
>
> / Martin

Martin,

That is a very good point.

I have to admit that I was using Photoshop for a couple of _years_ and
had done perhaps 20,000 rotations before I learned about that method
(and I found out from a friend, not from the program's help or manual,
though it was probably documented).

In any case, the same concept (preferably with BOTH method possible:
draw a line or click start, click end) in a more discoverable way would
sure be great.

Jay