Hi,

I would like to create a toolbox with some command buttons that act on
the current image. I was able to put those commands in the image's
menu, but I would like to have them always visible.

For some reason, detaching the menu doesn't work. And even if it
worked, an image button takes less space.

I am using a tablet pc and I want access to those commands when the
keyboard is not accessible, therefore shortcuts are not a good option,
either.

To recap, this is what I want:

1. a window with a bunch of buttons
2. pressing a button produces some modification to the current image
(for example, a new layer is added, or the visible layer is changed,
etc)

Thanx.

Ionutz