Alexandre wrote:

> On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Martin Nordholts wrote:
>> One notable change is that Ctrl + E is now bound to File->Export by
>> default instead of View->Shrink Wrap. Hopefully this change will
>> not be
>> too much of a pain. We may need to consider finding a new keyboard
>> shortcut for View->Shrink Wrap.
>> From what I remember both Inkscape and Scribus use Ctrl+Shift+E for
> exporting. Why not be consistent with them and don't have to look for
> a new shortcut for View->Shrink Wrap? :)

there is a couple of things I know for sure:

- both Export and 'Export to <org.file>' need a shortcut.
- one of these shortcuts needs to be a <shift> variant of the other.
- 'E' is too good of a shortcut not to use for both of them.

so shrink wrap and fit image in window are looking for new shortcut.

deciding which one should be ctrl-E and which shift-ctrl-E is
a rational vs. feeling kind of struggle with many factors.

after checking out Inkscape and Scribus, I think Alexandre just
added another valid factor, which means that the balance just
tipped the other way:

Export should be shift-ctrl-E

'Export to <org.file>' should be ctrl-E

             man + machine interface works