Hi,

Daniel Johannsen schrieb:
> I only like to add, that in the layer group it is the alpha value of the
> lowest layer in the group
> which provides the masking effect for the grouped layers above.
> (And not a layer in the middle or on top of the group.)

hmm, special-casing the bottom layer seems a bit odd to me. I'd expect
the layer group mask to be a property of the layer group and that all
layers within that group have independent transparency of their own.

Looking at your examples, i assume the photoshop behaviour is convenient
because you usually start with a layer and subsequently turn that into
a layer group. Assuming correctly?

greetings,
peter