Jordan Stinson wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm attempting to add new files to the app/widgets directory. I've
> added a .h and a .c file and the compiler tries to compile it. I seem
> to be able to compile code in these files however, when I try to
> include "gimp.h", I get an error in gimpobject.h line 35 saying
> something like, "expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'GObject'"
> I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and I can't seem to find anything on
> the gimp developer site or in any of the archives for the mailing
> list. Is there a prescribed way to add files? If so, where can I find
> this information?

Hi!

This doesn't sound like an add-file problem but an include-problem. More
specifically, it seems that you include gimp.h before the GObject header
is pulled in. Did you read the GIMP include policy in
devel-docs/includes.txt? You can see how other files in the app/widgets
dir include gimp.h, for example gimpcolordialog.c. That file, like most
files in that dir, includes the GObject header indirectly by pulling in
the GTK+ header:

  #include <gtk/gtk.h>

and then after widgets-types.h comes gimp.h:

  #include "core/gimp.h"

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,
Martin