Hello,

I have a 3dconnexion space navigator that I would love to be able to use to
pan and zoom the images in gimp. Googling around, I have found a few
references to the topic, but as far as I can see, there's no solution yet.
The following link describes how to use the input controller module of gimp
to get som basic support.

http://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1917&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

The problem with this approach is that gimp ignores the value of the events,
making it unusable. Browsing around the source code, I have identified that
the events from the navigator are correctly identified in
controller_linux_input.c, but when mapped to actual events, such as panning,
the values from the controller are ignored, and the panning is performed
with a fixed pixelcount per event. So my questions are as follows:

- Are there any ongoing work with this controller that I should be aware of?

- Are there someone that could give me a brief description of how the events
from the input controller are communicated through the software? I have been
unable to identify where in the code the calls to the panning and zooming
functions are generated.

Thank you for your time.
Havard Torring