I am sorry, but I forgot about the notes I took at the LGM2009 GIMP bof.
I'll just send them around in the state I took them during the BOF in
the hope that they are useful. If you have the impression that there is
stuff missing or that I misrepresent some of the discussions then please
feel free to comment.
Sorry for letting this slip.
trying to do 2.8 before SOC 2010
* Merge vector layer branch
- might need some work, especially in the UI
- undo is broken
--> mitch, nomis?
--> End of May Univ.-Project with Peter, possibly Vector Layers?
try to get it in 2.8.
* Polish/finalize new features
- on canvas Text editing
must have in 2.8.
no real problems at the horizon.
Internationalization? (Jon: CREATE-Discussion)
Support for Default-Tags?
Multi-Select-Tagging? --> later.
* Default Tags for Default ressources
- Alexia + Rore are working on it / Data Extras
not suggesting any specific workflows, purely descriptive
also avoid culture-specific references.
* finishing Save & Export
how to get a unified dialog?
(GtkPlug/Socket? Sounds evil. Supported on Windows? No.) (Review of
current plugins, which are the most important ones? can we come away
with widget-descriptions, similiar to script-fu?)
(we're trying for 2.8 --> Enselic)
* unified transform tool
(optional for 2.8)
* Cairo Drawing on Canvas --> Sven?
--> so that we can do the unified transform tool?
* Summer of Code projects, integrate them into the codebase
- python binding improvements (2008)
FFTW3 is a GPL library, so we have a licensing problem with
Frequency-Domain GEGL operations SOC, needs to wait for out-of-
process GEGL ops.
SOC 2009 final evaluation is on Aug. 24th
- improved brush dynamics UI --> alexia
- improved foreground selection
GEGL performance improvements (!)
- API is stable
- Gimp doesn't use GEGL in a good way.
- second view with gegl widget?
- nobody currently working on it
- not relevant to the 2.8 release
Other SOC projects are basically about GEGL and don't directly affect
Stani: Python 3.0: any plans?
- there will be differences
- depends also on pygtk et al.
Stani: Buffer-protocol for Gimp?
- also in Python 2.6
- Joao wants to include the SOC2008-Python-Code into mainline
- separate module to not have to depend on python 2.6
Gimp-developer mailing list