On Thu, 2009-06-18 at 18:52 +0200, Martin Nordholts wrote:

> Just a few updates on this. There will be no need for complex IPC
> communications between the plug-ins and the core with regards to the UI,
> the UI will simply live in the process of the plug-in, and we will
> extend libgimp with means to create this UI so that it gets a unified
> look between different plug-ins. Also, we don't need to port all
> plug-ins, only the frequently used ones. We need to be backwards
> compatible anyway so no need in converting the obscure plug-ins to use
> the new UI.

Whenever we introduce new API that replaces old API, we deprecate the
old API. And of course we will also port all our plug-ins to the new
API, if only as guidance for plug-in authors. That is absolutely
necessary, but it is also not a problem. So far we have always found a
volunteer for such jobs. The hard part is getting the new API right. So
what we need at this point is an API proposal. Is anyone working on