With the integration of tagging support in GIMP we have a mechanism that
allows us to organize resources (brushes, patterns, palettes, and
gradients). This enables us to add a bigger set of default resources.
Not being an artist myself makes me rather useless for this task. To get
things rolling I thought I'd start a discussion on what a better set of
default resources would be.
A few things are clear:
* The new default resources must fit the product vision 
* The resources must be very general in nature
* We can't have a huge set of resources since we need to keep
the size of the tarball within reasonable limits
* We not only need resources, we also need to assign tags to them
I think we at least should:
* Add larger variants of the circle and fuzzy circle
brushes, say 50, 100, 250 and 500 px
* Try to get rid of the Pepper, Sparks and Vine brushes
in a backwards compatible way
Does anyone have any suggestions on adjustments and additions to the
default set of GIMP resources?
Gimp-developer mailing list